Reflecting on the year that has passed it seems that time wait for no one. For us here at Thuru Lodge, 2016 has been one of the best years we ever had.
We made some really nice improvements to the lodge and in the field and below are just a few to show all our loyal guests what we’ve been up to in the past year.
- In the lodge we upgraded all of our rooms with flatscreen tv’s.
- Since we have a very busy toddler and a lot of water around the lodge, we builded glass fencing around the swimming pool, the jaccuzzi and some of the fish ponds and we also builded grids in the other fish ponds. So now, parents can also come here with their children and know that it’s a lot safer, and both parties can relax and enjoy the tranquillity the lodge has to offer.
- We also have 4 new rooms that we’re busy renovating and that will be part of the lodge in the new year.
- Although it’s been a very dry year we were fortunate enough to be able to give extra food to our animals from our new shed and they had no suffering from the drought and as a result we have a good offspring and beautiful herds of animals that can be explored in 2017.
- Even in the field, our dams have a new look. We builded the dams with rocks from the field and through doing that, we created jobs for 10 people to help us building the dams.
We hope that you will be able to see and enjoy our new improvements on your next visit!